Everyday With Emily

Everyday With Emily

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Zoo

Easter Monday, Jeff took the day off and we headed to the NC Zoo.  We hadn't been since Emily was about 19 months so she was very excited.  First, Jeff and Emily had to plan out our trip looking at the map.  Aren't they cute?




Emily didn't believe these were real alligators because they didn't move.


This polar bear so so cute playing with his tire.  Then he decided to take a little nap.


Hello Mr. Otter



If you look closely at the monkeys you will see the mommy monkey holding the baby monkey's tail.  It was so cute.  It seems as if she holds baby's tail to keep baby with her and out of trouble.  It was fun to watch.  By the way, I love baby monkeys.

We also got to see the zoo's newest attraction, white alligators or "swamp ghosts".


I think Emily's favorite animal we saw was the chimpanzee.



She is making a silly face and I love the way the chimpanzee is looking at her.





We saw more animals like elephants, giraffes, zebras and a lion but we saw them from far away so I didn't get any good pictures.

We spent much of the day right here.

Every few months Emily has a day or two where she needs to go potty constantly.  I've even taken her to the doctor thinking she might have a UTI or something but everything checks out fine.  This happened at Disney last and then the zoo.  We saw a lot of Disney bathrooms too.  Great timing huh?  Anyway, she was so excited about this.



We went potty before we got in line.  We went to the potty while daddy saved our place in line.  Then right before we went in to see the movie she said she needed to go again.  We had given our tickets to the guy working the movie line and had our glasses.  We were next.  There was no way to make it to the potty and before the doors opened for our turn.  She had just been 5 minutes ago.  We told her we would have to wait until after.  She fell apart crying.  I thought the movie would distract her.  It did for a minute (it was only a 10 minute movie) and then she began to cry again yelling, "the pee-pee is coming out" so I had to leave and take her.  Then she fell apart when we couldn't go back to the movie.  The line was really long.  We have zoo passes so I promised we'd come back soon to see the movie again. Poor girl.  She was okay once she knew we could come back again.  So after the drama we let her ride the carousel.  She rode on the polar bear.


She is still a little sad in this picture.


It didn't take long for her to smile again. 



No comments:

Post a Comment