Everyday With Emily

Everyday With Emily

Monday, October 29, 2012

Sick Bed

Saturday and Sunday Emily was really sick with a cough and head cold.  I put her to bed Saturday like normal but she had a hard time falling asleep.  Once asleep I heard her coughing a lot and by the time I got in her room she was sitting up coughing to the point of throwing up. Poor baby girl! Here was the challenge.  I had to climb the ladder and try to help her down from her loft bed which was very challenging.  Then I had the chore of changing the sheets which involves taking the mattress down and off of the bed.  This is a job Jeff and I normally do together.  He was working so I was doing it on my own.  I just left the mattress of the floor after I changed the sheets.  I figured as sick as she was I needed to be able to get to her quickly.  I ended up sleeping on the floor next to her for most of the night.  Here she is sleeping on her floor.  Sweet girl!




Barney used to sleep on Jeff's and my bed until we got a new bed that is too high for our old dog to jump up on. After we purchased two different dog beds for him that he refused to sleep on, he now sleeps on the pink flower pillow he stole from Emily.  Saturday night about 30 minutes after Emily fell asleep on the floor I went to check on her and this is what I found.




How happy he must have been to find a mattress on the floor.  He must have thought it was perfect for a tired old dog!

Sunday night Emily's bed remained on the floor and I finally made my bed right beside Emily's bed because she kept waking up coughing.  She is home from school today but she is much better than she was yesterday.  Hopefully she will be ready to go to school tomorrow to enjoy "Pumpkin Day" with her friends:)

FYI, this is Barney's normal bed.  Yes, it's a pretty pink pillow!




No comments:

Post a Comment