Everyday With Emily

Everyday With Emily

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Happy Birthday, Gran!

My mother would have been 65 years old today.  We put all the special days in March on our calendar on the 1st of the month.  We have lots of family birthdays and of course, St. Patrick's Day and the first day of spring.  We talked about Gran's birthday and I asked her what she wanted to do to celebrate.  She chose to go to a yogurt bar.  So Emily and I headed there after I picked her up from preschool today.  Here she is drawing on their chalk board after she was finished with her yogurt.



We also headed to Target.  As we passed by the book section Emily ran to look at the books.  We saw a children's book about heaven and decided to get it in honor of Gran's birthday.  Emily always asks me questions about heaven and I was impressed by this book.  I thought it was fitting for Gran's birthday since that is where she is celebrating her birthday today.  Emily thinks it is really cool that one day she will get to meet her.  I agree with Emily... I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment