Everyday With Emily

Everyday With Emily

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Driver, Move That Bus!

Well as most of you know, last week Jeff and his friend Kenny were doing some remodeling on our house.  Emily and I went to visit my dad and his wife for a few days while our house was a construction site.  I kept telling Jeff that I wanted a bus in front of the house when we returned like they did on Extreme Home Makeover so that we could yell "driver, move that bus!" and see the renovation revealed:)


Jeff and Kenny worked so hard and did such an amazing job!  They knocked down the wall that divided Emily's room and the random little hallway that led to our room and the front room so that the hallway could be a part of her room.  They walled up the door that led from that hallway to our room and added a door where there used to just be an opening from the front room to the hallway. They also changed her closet a bit to give her more floor space and to make the closet more accessible. Yes, it is really hard to explain unless you saw it yourself.  They had a lot of electrical work to do.  They also scraped the popcorn ceiling off the front room and Emily's room and put down new carpet.  Here are some pictures...


Sunday night: Taking down Emily's door leading to the hallway.  Remember that she was allowed to draw on the wall that was coming down the week before demo.




Monday morning:  The wall came down and the carpet was out before we left town and before Emily got dressed:)  She got to help knock down the wall.












This is the last picture I took before we left town.




When we arrived back in town on Thursday morning everything had been done except some final details.  Our porch had been turned into a work area.



 After Jeff finished working on Thursday evening he took a shower before we went to dinner.  I took my shower next and when I got out this is where I found him... asleep on the new carpet in the front room:)  Bless his heart, he was exhausted!




Emily slept Thursday and Friday nights on her mattress on the floor of her empty room.




Saturday we went to IKEA to get a new loft bed for Emily.  Then we spent the next few days moving in furniture and decorating.  Now finally, here are some pictures of her new room!!!












It really turned out even better than I imagined!  Emily is really loving her loft bed.  She is way up there!  It made me really nervous at first but she is doing great.  She went from a toddler bed (her crib with the front removed and a rail added at night time) to a loft bed!  It is great because it gives us even more floor space.  Almost all her toys are in her room now!  Here is a picture of her sleeping in her new bed (way up in the sky) as we say!




I am so happy it is done and we are almost back to normal.  I still have a few more boxes to unpack and put away but we are getting there!  It was a crazy week or so around here but it was so worth it! Emily loves her new room and so do we! 

1 comment: