Monday is construction day at our house. Emily's room is really tiny but she has a hallway outside her room. A random hallway that only leads to our room and the front room but really serves no purpose. We have called it her annex for awhile because it housed some toys. You see, we have an older house that was remodeled before Jeff bought it. When they remodeled they didn't do some things that seemed rather obvious to us. We have spent many years trying to fix some of these things. Well, the time has come to tear down that wall and make her hallway a part of her room. Jeff and his friend will be tearing down walls, putting a wall were there used to be a door, and putting a door where there was no door before. They will also be putting new carpet down in our three rooms that have carpet and they will be repainting and changing light fixtures and doing some electrical work. Don't worry, they do this all the time, just not normally at my house.
I have been busy moving everything out of her room and into our other hallway or the living room. I don't like clutter so this is challenging for me but I know the end product will be well worth it. Emily and I will be going to visit family for a few days while the major work is being done.
Emily has had a special treat this week. She has been able to draw on the wall that is coming down. She kept questioning if this was really okay. How much fun!
This is the wall in her room that is coming down.
This is the other side that is in her hallway.
Yes, things will be a little crazy around her for awhile but it will be worth it in the end. I will post pictures when we get it completed and decorated.
No comments:
Post a Comment