Everyday With Emily

Everyday With Emily

Friday, February 3, 2012

Half Way To Five

Where have the last six months gone?  Our girl is 4 and a half today!  She is half way to FIVE!  That is beyond crazy!!!  Anyway, Emily is now 41 inches tall and she weighs 38.9 lbs.  She has grown 2 inches and she has gained 2.9 lbs in the last 6 months.
  Emily is loving school, church and Little Gym.  She loves to play with babies, Barbies, and stuffed animals.  She still loves princesses and hosting parties.  These days we are having more tea parties than birthday parties for whatever reason.  This girl still loves her "projects".  Emily thrives when we spend time doing anything with her.  We do puzzles and play games a lot.  We love to play board games after dinner at night.  We also do a lot of pretend play these days with Emily.  We struggle to get Emily to play by herself.  This only child does NOT like to play alone.  Rest time is no more but we do have some "Emily Time" each day where she has to play by herself.  I should count how many times she says my name each day during "Emily Time".  It's still something we are working on for sure but I know the time will come when she doesn't want to spend her free time with me so I'm trying to soak it up now.  When Emily was a small baby she wanted to be held all the time.  I finally surrendered and just enjoyed holding her.  I told myself that I would never look back and wish I had held her less.  That is absolutely true.  I know that we will never regret the time we spend with her.  We will treasure it just like I treasure all that time snuggled up with my baby in my arms. 

Emily still likes her TV shows but still prefers to play.  She does really enjoy watching her Disney Princess Song DVDs and the Leapfrog Letter Factory DVD.  She loves the Fresh Beat Band and was so excited to get their new CD for the car.  Emily loves her music, especially in the car.  We both enjoy dancing and singing in the car!

Emily is a lot less fearful these days and is starting to understand the difference between pretend and reality.  She is starting to get that movie /TV / book characters are not always real.  When she asks me if they are real I ask her what she thinks.  She usually says they are pretend and I tell her "yes, that's why we have to use our imaginations".  Emily is sleeping through the night without bad dreams most nights.  It is a rare thing for her to come and wake me up to sleep in her room.

Emily has a fantastic imagination.  She loves to pretend.  Ellie, her imaginary sister, has been with us since she was two.  Emily loves to tell stories and put on plays (even in the bath tub).  Emily still loves to read books and is so excited to go to the library to check out new books.

Emily has an incredible memory and her vocabulary is impressive. She LOVES to talk.  She still says the funniest things and talking to her is so much fun,  although at times it can be exhausting!  Of course,  I think she is the most amazing four (and a half) year old I know!


We put some of Emily's 4th birthday cake in the freezer back in August so we could have it for her half birthday.  Emily was excited about her cake and excited about the 4 and 1/2 candles.





I'm sure hope the next six months go by a little slower! 

No comments:

Post a Comment