Everyday With Emily

Everyday With Emily

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Games

As I mentioned in an earlier post, we love to play games with Emily.  Tonight, Jeff and Emily were discussing which game to play and Jeff mentioned Monopoly.  Jeff has always loved to play Monopoly.  It has never been my favorite game.  The last time we played it was August 2, 2007, the night before Emily was born.  I was 4 days overdue and willing to do anything to take my mind off of being 4 days overdue.  Anyway, I wasn't sure that this would be a game that Emily would enjoy but she did really well with it and had fun.



No one ever won, but then again, does anyone ever win Monopoly?  This is one of the reasons that I don't care for this game.  At any rate, Jeff did a great job teaching Emily about the game and she got to practice some math skills for sure.  She had quite a pile of money and lots of properties and houses by the time they stopped playing.  Jeff took pictures of the board so they can pick up where they left off so we will see where this goes.  Maybe Jeff finally has someone to play Monopoly with!  I was content to be folding clothes and cleaning up the kitchen:)

In other game news...Emily and I had a spirited game of Hi-Ho Cherry-O with two of her dolls, Cicciobello and Big Girl Rachel the other day.


I played for Big Girl Rachel, the girl on the table, while Emily played for Cicciobello, wearing blue in the chair.  I am Happy to say that Emily won one round and I won the next.  Better luck next time dolls!

No comments:

Post a Comment