Everyday With Emily

Everyday With Emily

Monday, October 24, 2011

The One...

Today I pulled out our wedding video (DVD) for Emily to see.  I realized that she had never seen it.  I really wasn't sure how interested she would be but I thought she'd like to see the younger Mommy and Daddy all dressed up.  She LOVED watching it and kept placing her finger over her mouth saying "shhh" everytime we talked.  After we watched it, she had us play wedding.  She performed the ceremony.  She called us by our first names, like the minister did..."Jeff, place this ring on Ashley's finger...".  We actually had to give her our rings to use in the "ceremony".  It was so cute!!!

Later that night while she was brushing her teeth we were talking about weddings.  I asked her who she was going to marry. She said, "The one God chooses for me.  You know like God chose Daddy for you."  AMAZING! 



   I had told her at least 6 months ago, when we were talking about what it meant to be married, that God had someone very special already chosen for her. The fact that she remembered it from so long ago and articulated it so well putting together the fact that Jeff was chosen by God for me.  I'll say it again...AMAZING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment