This summer my dad made the decision to retire! He began working for IBM 45 years ago. He began working for the company in an entry position before he graduated from college. After college he continued to work for IBM as an engineer. He had a long and impressive career. He was apart of some really exciting product developments at IBM.
When I was really little I knew my dad was an engineer but in my mind, I thought he was a train engineer. I remember being very disappointed when I found out the truth. As I got older, I realized that his job was more exciting than even what I imagined. He was a part of a "dream team" of engineers who had patents on all kinds of amazing technology that is now apart of all of our daily lives. He had many different positions and even spent some time working for another company but he always did his job with excellence. More than all of that my dad was always a wonderful example of hard work and good work ethic. I am very proud of him and I'm so happy now that he can take some time for himself enjoying life and getting back to some hobbies that took a backseat to his career and responsibilities of life.
We wanted to celebrate my dad and his retirement, unfortunately, it took us a few months to do it but we finally had a cookout on Saturday night. We had a cake made for the occasion and I love how it turned out. Isn't it cute and it was delicious too.
We had a great night celebrating my dad!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment