On New Years Day we went to see the movie Tangled. It was a cute movie and Emily really liked it but she was scared in a few parts of the movie. This was only her second movie, other than Dora movies. She is used to her Nick Jr. shows so the fighting in the movie surprised her a bit. She was also disturbed that this baby girl was stolen. I can understand how all of this could be a bit much for a three year old. I was just sure she would have a bad dream that night but I was wrong. No bad dreams until Thursday night. She dreamed that someone was taking her away from us...poor girl. I went and layed down in her room and with her and she went back to sleep just fine.
The next night I was putting her to bed and I always lay down with her as she falls asleep. This was our conversation.
E: Mommy I'm going to keep my eyes open.
M: Okay, I'm going to close mine.
E: It's good you are not scared of dreams.
M: Sometimes I am but I know that dreams aren't real. Let's pray that you won't have any bad dreams.
E: Okay
M: Dear God, please help Emily to sleep well and help her not to have any bad dreams.
E: Thanks, Mommy. I'm still going to keep my eyes open because that way I am sure I won't have any bad dreams.
M: Okay
She did keep them open until she could fight it no longer (about 3 minutes).
It's amazing how brutal children movies can be..the first time I saw The Lion King and saw Simba's dad pushed off the cliff, I totally freaked out! lol And don't even get me started on the Fox and the Hound!
ReplyDeletexoxoxoxo
Peggy