Everyday With Emily

Everyday With Emily

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Emily's Detective Agency

We had a situation the other night.  We had a mouse in our house.  This is a first for us.  I think they stay away because we have a cat but the other day I found Callie up on the kitchen counter, not a normal thing.  She didn't want to leave the kitchen and kept looking up toward the counter.  We started listening and looking.  We found a space in between one of our cabinets and the wall that a creature could possible find it's way in so Jeff fixed it immediately.  We moved everything off the counter.  He did his work and then I wiped down the counter and put everything back.  Later we heard a clicking noise in the kitchen.  We went to look and listen.  It was coming from the stove.  Jeff lifted up the stove top and there was a mouse on the stove!!!  Yes, that's right the stove.

AHHHH!  Apparently, he was in the wall and found his way out and then Jeff blocked his way back.  He must not have been in for long because I used the oven and both sides of the stove that night.  What if I had cooked him!!!!   So now we had to catch this little guy.  He was cute but he couldn't stay in the house.  Jeff and I both took a plastic container and tried to catch it so we could take it outside.  This little guy was fast and kept running back and forth on the counter.  Finally, he climbed into the spice rack:)  Jeff put his container on one side and I put mine on the other.  Jeff picked the spice rack up and we carefully carried it to the deck and left the spice rack on the deck.  After he jumped out, I had to bring it back in and clean it and clean the counter again. 

The next morning I told Emily what had happened.  Her room is close to the kitchen and her door was open and she slept through all the excitement.  She wanted to see the mouse.  I told her that he was just as cute as the mice at Petco but he got lost and came inside the house by mistake and we helped him find his way out.  We went to the children's museum and when we came back she told me she was going to look for "mouses".  She was walking around the house looking all around saying, "Emily's Detective Agency".  How cute is that???  I am happy to report that Emily's Detective Agency found nothing.  Apparently, our mouse friend was alone...at least let's hope so:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment