Everyday With Emily

Everyday With Emily

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

So Proud

Every night Emily gets to pick out her own pajamas and she gets herself dressed.  However, most mornings, I pick out her clothes and help her get dressed.  I want her to be confident with dressing herself but we are usually very rushed in the morning so I am more involved in the morning than in the evening. I will admit that I also like having control over her outfits and she never argues so it works out well.


 For the last few weeks we have had no camps and very little scheduled.  We sleep late(r), stay in our pajamas as long as we want, and go to the water park A LOT.  I have been using this time to allow Emily to pick out her own clothes and get herself dressed on her own.  This is her coming to show me her outfit choice for the day.  She is so proud of herself!!!  I may let her start picking out her own clothes the night before.  So far she has chosen very cute clothes combinations, however, I do reserve the right to veto really crazy outfits that don't match....for as long as I can!







No comments:

Post a Comment