Everyday With Emily

Everyday With Emily

Monday, July 23, 2012

DRAMA

Just so I don't forget these "fun" moments, I am going to blog about one from today.  


Today was the first day of VBS.  I picked Emily up and she told me about her morning.  We went to visit Jeff and then headed home for lunch and the water park.  We stopped to talk to a friend of mine on the way out.  Emily interrupted while we were talking and I asked her to wait a minute for her turn.  Well, she said she would forget what she wanted to say and she fell down on the floor to throw a fit.  This continued along with a bad attitude.  I reminded her that we would not go to the water park if she continued to behave that way.  Well, the attitude got worse on the way to the car so I told her we were not going to the water park.  Well then she fell apart.  Crying.  "It's going to rain tomorrow.  This is our last chance to go to the water park.  If we don't go today we will NEVER go".  On the way home I mentioned that we were out of mini bagels. This is her favorite bread for sandwiches.  I asked her if she wanted to stop on the way home to get some.  She cried and said "no, I will eat the bread we have at home".  When we got home she refused to get out of the car.  I asked her to come in and close the car door when she was ready.  I walked toward the house.  She followed me but the car door was still  open.  I asked her to go back and close it.  She cried and yelled "no".  I told her to go to her room and I went to close the door.  Then she cried more because, "The thing I wanted the most was to close the door."  Then she cried for about 40 minutes because we didn't stop for bagels.  Finally, once she ate some food she became a sweet, happy girl again!  I guess she was hungry! Holy cow!!!!!  Such drama.  These moments are so frustrating and funny and cute all at the same time.


God help us when she is a teenager!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment