Everyday With Emily

Everyday With Emily

Thursday, August 25, 2011

She Loves Books!

 I have always loved children's books.  I have some that I saved from my childhood, many that I collected when I was teaching and still more that have been purchased for Emily.  Emily loves books too.  I started reading to her when I was pregnant with her.  I really did!  Sometimes it felt crazy but I did it.  She also got to hear me read to my 4 year olds everyday.   I also read to her as an infant.  Even before she was a year old we would read 5 or 6 short board books each night.  She gets so excited about books.  We go to the library about every three weeks and end up checking out 14-16 new books.  She LOVES the library:)  
We have a bookshelf in her room with shelves for books and two storage bins underneath that are filled with books.



I also have a big container of books in her room to switch with the ones on the shelf.  There are more tubs of books in our storage building along with seasonal books that only come out once a year.



Emily found this container in her closet on Sunday.  I told her she could look through it.  She was literally squealing in delight.  She was so excited to find books she hadn't seen in a few months!  She had stacks of books sorted out and we spent much of the rest of that day reading.  She also loves to "read" to herself.  She amazes me because she only has to hear a story once or twice and she can flip through that book and retell the story almost perfectly.  As I read if I forget a word or change a word by mistake she will correct me and she is always right.  I hope she will always love to read.


No comments:

Post a Comment