Everyday With Emily

Everyday With Emily

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Emily's 4th Birthday!!! - Part One

So as I've already posted, our little Emily turned 4 on Wednesday.  It was a week full of celebration.  On Monday, Jeff's mom and her husband came in from CT.  Emily was so excited to see them and they were able to stay all week.

Wednesday, Emily woke up to a birthday banner and balloons.  I saved her birthday banner from last year that didn't have an age on it so we could use it
again.





Emily couldn't wait to open birthday presents.  Her party wasn't until Saturday, which was really hard for her to understand, but we let her open the gifts from us,  some of her grandparents and a family friend on Wednesday morning!








After she opened presents we headed to Chuck E Cheese for lunch.  We have gone each year on her birthday since she turned two so I guess it's kind of a tradition now.







Her favorite game has always been skee ball!




Tickets were a group effort!


Emily and Daddy feeding the ticket counter.  A fun time was had by all!!!


Emily was born at 8:39pm.  Each year I try to get a birthday minute kiss from her and I also try to snap a photo in that birthday minute.  Here is this year's birthday minute photo!






The next day Emily had school.  She has been going to school twice a week this summer and will continue in a pre-K class this fall.  Emily brought cupcakes to share with her friends on Thursday.  I sent the camera and asked her teachers to take a few pictures and they kindly did.







I was excited to have the opportunity to bring something to school for her birthday since she won't have much opportunity to do that because of her summer birthday.


Friday we decided to go get a mani pedi in preparation for Emily's Princess Party on Saturday.  This was Emily's first professional manicure and pedicure.  We went to a nail salon with a mini salon for kids.  It was so cute.  They have special chairs and they get to watch a DVD and have a juice box.  So much fun!  So Emily, Grandma and I went and had a great time.









She choose PINK as always and they did flowers on her big toes:)  Adorable!!!  She really enjoyed her first professional mani pedi!






The next day, Saturday was her princess party.  Our photographer friend is always so kind to come to Emily's parties and take pictures.  It's great because I don't have to worry about it and her pictures are always so amazing.  As soon as I get them from her I will post about the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment