Everyday With Emily

Everyday With Emily

Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day


This is Emily's St.Patrick's Day hat we made today.  She wore it for about 4 hours without taking it off.  That means she really liked it!
Today I tried to talk with her about the holiday and traditions.  I also told her that when I was a teacher we had two silly leprechauns named Lucky and Lucy came to our school each St.Patrick's day and made a mess of everything.  She liked hearing about them but I still think she thought I was crazy.  Then we had to go by the preschool where she will be going two days a week next year, to drop off our forms and a leprechaun had come to the school and left green foot prints everywhere and this leprechaun had done silly things and had left quite a mess as well. One of the teachers "found" a gold coin behind her ear that a leprechaun put there.  She was so excited and full of leprechaun questions.  I have realized that my leprechaun knowledge is very limited.

Then we went to lunch and stopped by the church to see Daddy.  Then we went to pick out two St. Patrick's Day cupcakes, one for Emily an one for Daddy.  She was very excited. 
Here is a picture of Emily making her hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment