Saturday we hit the road and drove to Charlotte to see Pinkalicious the Musical. Emily loves this series of books and she has something in common with Pinkalicious (the love of the color pink and cupcakes too)!
The musical was at the Children's Theater of Charlotte. Emily was so excited. In honor of Pinkalicious, she wore her cupcake hair bow, cupcake shirt and I even found her a cupcake necklace that lights up. She was also in pink of course. She chose her fancy skirt to wear. Here she is outside the theater.
Here are some pictures of the show. I did not take these photos. They are from The Children's Theater of Charlotte's facebook page.
The musical was fabulous and Emily loved it!
After we left the theater, we met my aunt for lunch. Penelope is one of my mom's sisters and it was so good to see her, it had been way too long! Emily had a wonderful time hanging out with "Gigi". We had a yummy lunch and we brought cupcakes to celebrate Gigi's birthday which was a few days before our trip. So the theme of the day was cupcakes. Emily even got some fun surprises from Gigi. We hung out for about 2 1/2 hours. Emily did really well and then at the end we knew it was time to go. She literally started climbing the walls:)! Here is a picture of the two of them. I couldn't get one with Emily's eyes open.
Then Emily and I headed to IKEA to pick up a few things. She was able to go and play in the play area for about 45 minutes while I shopped. Then we ate dinner in the IKEA cafeteria and headed home.
It was a busy day but we had lots of fun!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment