The other day we read "Hop On Pop" and we took turns reading pages. She got tired half way through and wanted me to finish reading. I told her that I knew she could read this book by herself and if she did we would take a trip to her favorite donut shop to celebrate. Well that's all it took. She was a women on a mission. The next day she read the entire book by herself, all 64 pages! She was so proud!
When we got home we wrote a note to her teachers to share the good news. Her teachers are so amazing! They were so excited for her. They wrote back to her on her note and let her share about it in morning meeting. Emily wanted one of her student teachers from last semester to know so her teacher agreed to let Emily call her this week.
Emily is so excited about reading. Now she wants to do all the reading at night. I have to beg to read a book or two to her! It's just wonderful!
No comments:
Post a Comment