Everyday With Emily

Everyday With Emily

Friday, December 28, 2012

Winter Fun

Well we haven't seen any snow or ice here yet this year but we still had some fun on the ice today.  We went downtown to an ice rink and ice hill for some winter fun.  A local TV station and some other local businesses and radio stations sponsor this each winter.  This was Emily's first time ice skating.  This was actually her first time really skating except with roller skates around the house.  She did really well but she spent a lot of time holding onto the wall.  I did too!  It had been years since Jeff and I have been ice skating.  It took me some time to even walk in them again!

Here they are all ready to go!  It took us forever to get our skates on:)











She did actually let go a few times and skate off the wall.  She also fell down quite a bit!  She kept saying, "I'm okay!"  One time she said, "It's okay, I meant to do that."  Funny girl!  



When she was all done skating we went sledding on the big ice/mud hill.





We had a great time and we were proud of Emily.  She did complain about her arms hurting as she went to bed tonight!  I can imagine that she is pretty sore!

No comments:

Post a Comment