Everyday With Emily

Everyday With Emily

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

First Day Of Kindergarten!!!!

Well, ready or not tomorrow had come and it was the first day of school.  I have been dreading getting up so early for years now.  I am NOT a morning person.  The first day wasn't so bad because I had so much going on in my head I was awake pretty quickly.  I know this will change quickly.  I got up and took my shower and got dressed.  Then I went in to wake Emily.  I said, "Rise and Shine!  Happy 1st day of kindergarten!"  She looked outside and said, "Mommy I think it's still night. Why do they have kindergarten at night?"  I had to explain that it really was morning, just very early in the morning before the sun was awake.  I promised her it would be light out when we left for school.  She got right up, went potty, brushed her teeth and then got dressed.  She was wearing her "Kindergarten Rocks" shirt!  Then she ate breakfast.  We had to encourage her to eat quicker than normal.  She will take two hours to eat breakfast if you let her.

At 7:15 we headed out the door with her backpack, lunch box and two cameras.  















Here she is outside her classroom door.  She was excited and went right in to the class.  I started crying as soon as we walked into the school.  I did NOT want to cry in front of her but I couldn't control it.  Thankfully, I was able to hide behind Jeff and I don't think she really noticed. He was able to talk to her and give her a great send off.   I wanted to say, "I love you!  Have a great day!"  but the words would come out so I just hugged her. Luckily, I had already put a note in her lunch box which she was so excited about.




The day went by really fast. A dropped Jeff off at work then a friend hosted first day of school breakfast and I went to that.  It was so nice to have that to look forward to.  Then I went to Target to pick up a few things.  Went by the church to do a little work.  Came home and took the dog to the vet.  Did a little more work from home, cleaned a little, did some dinner prep and then I rushed to go pick Jeff up to go to Emily's school.  

We waited in the carpool lane looking for Emily to come out of her class.  Then we saw her walking with her class, wearing her backpack, holding a teachers hand.  She was adorable!  Her teacher gave me a thumbs up as we drove off.  That made me feel good.  We were so happy to see her.  She had a great day and asked to go back tomorrow!!!!!  Her favorite part of the day was reading a book about a fox  and art class. The worst part of her day was when a bug flew by the ceiling over her head in the classroom:)

Jeff wanted to bring Emily roses for her first day of school.  He had them waiting for her in the car.  She was thrilled and helped me put them in the vases.




That afternoon after school we had a snack, did some art, played play-doh, played doctor, she helped me fix dinner, we ate dinner, cleaned up the kitchen, went for a walk (scooter ride) around the block, played outside, came inside for a snack and a TV show (Doc Mcstuffins), took a bath, read books, went to bed.  Everyone was tired but I was emotionally  DONE!  

We are so thankful for a great first day and so proud of Emily!  No tears tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment