We got settled and then headed to Tweetsie until it closed. If you go after 3pm (they close at 6) you can go the next day without buying another ticket. It was great. We got to do some things with no lines and then we came up with a plan for the next day. We headed back home Saturday evening after dinner.
The first thing we did was ride the train. It is a real coal-fired steam engine train.
The train has a Cowboy and Indian Show!
Emily LOVED playing in the jail.
Friday night and Saturday we were able to ride a lot of rides.
The Tweetsie Twister was Emily's favorite. It makes me and Jeff dizzy. Erin was more than willing to ride it with Emily so we let her do it. We would have done it but it was nice not to have to do it:) They rode it MANY times!
Most of the time Erin rode it with both girls but the first time she rode with Emily and Eric rode with Taylor. Taylor was so little most of the time you couldn't even see her on the ride:)
I don't like heights. However, I will ride roller coasters all day long. They don't bother me because I am strapped in well and they go so fast I don't have time to think about how high up I am. I do NOT do well on rides that are up high and go slow. Emily wanted me to ride the Ferris Wheel with her. Ferris Wheels are not my favorite. I don't mind them when they are moving but I hate how much they stop at the top. I did ride it with her. She was so sweet. She said, "mommy just squeeze my hand if you're scared." Then she kept saying, "are you okay honey?" So precious!
I was the only one who road the free fall ride. It was great...
but the chair lift scared me to death!!!!! I rode it four times. It goes up really high and it goes really slow and the little bar doesn't lock! I hated this thing! Going up was worse than going down. It was the only way to go up to the top of the park without getting separated from your group. You could walk or take a bus but it took much longer. Look at Emily and Jeff at the end of their chair lift ride. They weren't bothered at all by it:)
We also panned for gold and gems.
We visited the petting zoo.
We went to a few shows. Here are the girls clogging.
We had a wonderful trip. This was the first trip to Tweetsie Railroad for all of us. It was a really nice theme park. Very low stress, not too crowded and really pretty! The weather was so nice too! The girls had a blast! I'm sure we'll be back again!
No comments:
Post a Comment