Everyday With Emily

Everyday With Emily

Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Mall At Christmas

We rarely go to the mall but we always make a trip around Christmas.  Our first stop was Santa.  Now remember, she sees Santa very often across the street from our house.  I was a bit concerned about how different this Santa would look.  I prepared her by telling her that I was always amazed how different Santa looks during the day.  When she saw him she said, "You're right Mommy, he looks so different." He of course asked her what she wanted for Christmas.  Santa (across the street) and Emily have already discussed this in great detail so she seemed a bit confused by the question.  She said, "Silly Santa, you already know what I want for Christmas."  I think this may be the last year we see Santa at the mall.  We will either not go next year or explain that the Santa at the mall is one of Santa helpers.  Here she is waiting in line to see Santa.



I don't have any pictures with Santa because they don't allow you to take your own pictures this year and I wasn't going to pay for pictures when we already have lots of cute pictures with Santa this year.

After hanging out with Santa we went to a little play area in the mall.


Then we had lunch in the food court.
Next, we had a coupon that expires December 31st for Build-a-Bear.  So we headed over for Emily's first Build-a-Bear visit!  It is just adorable. First she chose her bear.  What a surprise, she picked a pink bear.



Next she helped to stuff the bear and pick out her heart.  She also picked out a sound.  When you squeeze the bear's hand she says, "I love you, I love you". 


Then the lady sewed up the bear and Emily gave her a bath.


Next Emily had to decide what clothes her bear should have.  Hmmm...more pink!





She named her bear "Heart".  Heart got a birth certificate and everything.  Emily said to Heart, "My name is Emily and you are going to live with me and my family."  She is so excited about her fancy bear.



I think Heart is enjoying her new home.


No comments:

Post a Comment