Everyday With Emily

Everyday With Emily

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year

Emily kept saying that she wanted to stay up until midnight for New Year's Eve.  I explained that when she was a little older she could do that but now she is too young and she would be too tired the next day. So we had our New Year's celebration with Emily this year at 12:00pm. We made hats and decorated a cookie cake and little chocolate chip cookies to look like the clock at midnight or noon.  Here is Emily after we decorated the cookies.  She is ready to ring in the New Year.


I wanted to make sure she knew what 12:00 looked like on a digital and analog clock.



  Jeff set up a special count down for Emily since we didn't have Dick Clark to help us at noon:)


10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1    Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!




Emily LOVED her (and I quote).... "fancy, sparkly, New Year's juice"!!!!!




After our "party" Jeff had to leave to go to work, there was a symphony performance tonight at church.  It was a beautiful day so Emily and I played outside and went for a walk.  Then we went by the church to watch the symphony rehearsal.  I just love that Emily is able to be exposed to this at such a young age.  During the break she was able to meet some of the musicians.


Then it was close to dinner time but we weren't very hungry yet so we headed to Chick-fil-a for some play time before dinner.  After Chick-fil-a we drove by to see some Christmas slights I had wanted to go see all season.  A street in town puts lighted balls up in the trees at EVERY house on the street.  It is so beautiful!  They have signs up that say "shine a light on hunger" and they have a place set up to collect can goods.  It was really amazing and everyone, including me was pulling over to take pictures.  Of course, this picture doesn't do it justice at ALL but here it is anyway.



Then we headed home and we pulled in our driveway at 7:09pm.



Here is my little girl who wanted so much to stay up until midnight to ring in the New Year!


New Year's Eve is much different these days than it used to be but I wouldn't change it for anything!  Happy New Year everyone!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment