Everyday With Emily

Everyday With Emily

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Who's Afraid Of The Big Bad Wolf?

EMILY is afraid of the big bad wolf, specifically Max (From Max and Ruby) dressed as the big bad wolf.  Emily loves Max and Ruby but she is so afraid of the episode where Ruby is Little Red Riding Hood and Max is the big bad wolf.  The first time she saw this she started screaming and had me check every time to make sure it wasn't that episode.  Then she got over it a bit and it came on again but I was able to stop it in time.  We were recording the show so she asked me to delete it and things were good for a long time.

Well, this past week Emily went to a week of Little Gym summer camp.  One day we came home and I told her she could watch Max and Ruby before her rest time.  I was in the other room on the phone and she began screaming like something was really hurting her.  I hung up on the person I was talking to and she ran in with her heat racing, tears flowing, in a panic because it was the Big Bad Wolf episode.  She was afraid to be alone for a few days after and didn't fall asleep until almost midnight that night.  Now we are back to checking again.  She even dictated an email to the "cable man," AKA Jeff, asking him to please keep this episode from coming on her TV.

Yes, we have explained to her that Max is just dressed in a costume.  Doesn't matter, it freaks her out.  Looking at it I see why it's kind of scary and she is really sensitive to what she sees in books, TV or movies.   Poor girl! 

No comments:

Post a Comment