Can you spot the litter box in this picture? It's there, I promise.
Look a little closer...here it is.
It's in the cabinet under the book shelf. This is in the small hallway outside of Emily's room. We have always used this hallway as an extra play space for Emily but this is also where we have always kept Callie's litter box. I hated her playing so close to the cat box so I asked Jeff to build me something to put it in. He said we should make the most of the space and have some shelves on top. We found one we liked and Jeff cut the opening for Callie to access the box. I can easily open the doors to clean the box. We have Emily's extra art and special learning project stuff stored in the baskets on the shelf above. It is fabulous. So then, I had to redo the hallway. Emily's grandmother gave her a doll house that she had collected. It is a beautiful doll house but it is really much to old for Emily. She has never really played with it so we wanted to put it away for when she is more ready for it. She is really into Barbies right now, so I found a Barbie townhouse on Craigslist for a good price and we added princess wall stickers and a special wall for her art. I love the way it turned out.
Emily loves it and there is a lot more space to play. We had a friend over for dinner last week and found out that there is even room enough for Emily and two grown men to play and no one is hanging out with the cat box:)
Jeff calls it Emily's room annex:)
No comments:
Post a Comment