Everyday With Emily

Everyday With Emily

Friday, June 21, 2013

Last Day of Kindergarten

I'm really not sure where this school year has gone.  I can't believe Emily is finished with kindergarten.  She has been out for two weeks but I am just now getting a chance to blog about it.

Here are first day and last day of kindergarten pictures.  Look how much she has grown!


I can honestly say that Emily's kindergarten year was better than I ever dreamed it would be.  She has had the most amazing team of teachers EVER! Emily is one of the youngest if not the youngest in her class.  We felt like she was ready for kindergarten but also concerned about how young she was.  I have to say that I think we made the right decision. At first, she struggled with reading and handwriting.  Her handwriting is still a challenge but she has improved greatly. I have never had good handwriting so I think some of that she gets naturally.  Her reading is fabulous now and she has exceeded the expectations for her grade level.  Math is her favorite subject.  Emily has done wonderfully socially and emotionally this year.  We are so proud. We are also excited that Emily will be in the same class for one more year.  She is in a k-1 combination class so she will loop and stay with the same teachers in first grade.  Woo Hoo!

Emily's class was supposed to go to a park on the last day of school but it rained all day so they ended up staying at school and playing games and stuff.  I stayed the whole day and hung out.  Here are some last day pictures. 


Last partner reading of the year.



Emily wanted to celebrate her summer birthday at school so we brought special treat for the last day.  The birthday friend goes to the middle of the circle and they pick children to be human candles.  Emily had seven because she will be six and then she had one to grow on.  They sing "Happy Birthday" and then she has to blow each candle out.  She had lots of fun.








Here are pictures of some of Emily's amazing teachers.


Mrs. Moore and Ms. Mannino


Mr. MJ



Ms. Mannino again.



When Emily came home her friends were waiting with a sign and a bag of new summer books from me and Jeff.



Jeff also gave her flowers.



She came home with some extra math pages to do other the summer.  She wasted no time getting started.  We kept telling her that she had all summer but she was begging to do her work.  We are very proud and so thankful that she was able to start school off in such a positive way.  She loves school and she loves to learn.  Who could ask for more out of kindergarten!


No comments:

Post a Comment