Everyday With Emily

Everyday With Emily

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Life After Disney

Life has been a bit crazy since we returned from Disney. Reality hit hard when we returned.  Jeff has been working really long hours and  Emily and I were sick for awhile.  Emily had an ear infection.  They  put her on amoxicillin which created some side effect.  The biggest thing was it made it very difficult for Emily to sleep.  She was waking up all night, heart racing, scared to death!  She would literally wake up every 30 minutes to every hour.  It was terrible!!!  Finally, I figured out it was the medicine and stopped giving it to her.  This was day 8 of the antibiotic. She is doing much better since going off the medicine but we seemed to have formed some bad patterns.

For a while I was sleeping in Emily's room with her.  This helped at first and then it seemed to make things worse. One night Jeff had the idea to let Barney sleep in Emily's room.   This has worked great.  I put her to bed and lie down with her until she goes to sleep.She usually sleeps until at least midnight.  When she gets up to go to the bathroom or because of a bad dream, she asks for her BFF.  That is Barney! We move his bed in her room and everyone is happy.   Well, I'm not sure that Barney is always happy but he tolerates it.  



Also, I got rear ended and the driver took off. His car was really messed up but somehow he backed it up and took off down a side street before anyone could get a license number. 



Now 6 days later and a $500 dollar deductible later, my car is fixed and back home again.  Yes, she is old but she is paid for (thanks Dad).  I will be driving her as long as I can!  

Hopefully, that's all the craziness for awhile.  

No comments:

Post a Comment