Everyday With Emily

Everyday With Emily

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Emily's "Vote"

Emily was one during the last Presidential election.  Now she is a big 5 year old girl and she is excited about this election.  We've talked a lot about it and even prayed about it and Emily decided who she would cast her vote for in the kids voting online at school.  I made sure she understood that she could vote anyway she wanted and she didn't have to vote like Mommy or like Daddy.  She keeps asking anyone with a voting sticker who they voted for.  If they say a different candidate than who she voted for she says very sweetly," Oh, we voted for _________."  Yes, she did end up voting for who I voted for.  Big surprise huh?  We talked how nice it was that she was being kind and respectful when someone voted differently.  She acted surprised that anyone would be rude and mean just because someone voted for another person or because the person they voted for didn't win. I told her it was okay to be excited for her vote but she must do it in a kind way, which she has!  I told her how precious the right to vote is!  We talked about how hard some people worked to have the right to vote.  She is excited to find out who the winner is.  She said, "Hopefully, all the grown-ups will remember to be kind."  I love my girl!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment