Everyday With Emily

Everyday With Emily

Monday, November 26, 2012

Emily Plays The Violin

One of the really cool things about Emily's school is that they have a performing arts focus.  She is able to take art, music, dance and violin several times each week.  They can choose violin or keyboard and Emily chose violin.  She takes it along with about 15 other children, 30 minutes, twice a week.  Tuesday night we were able to go to school for a small recital.  This was the first time we had even seen her hold a violin.  We was so proud of her!!!  All the children did an amazing job.  I expected to need ear plugs but they did really well especially for kindergarten and first grade children.  I don't think I stopped smiling the whole time.  I also had tears in my eyes the entire time!  It was so beautiful to see these young children playing the violin.  You could tell that Emily was one of the youngest in the class but I was so impressed at how well she did.  Violin takes a lot of concentration and fine motor coordination.











Here is a really short video...




I have to say also that her violin teacher is so amazing!!!  We are so thankful that Emily has this opportunity.  I know that the arts are making a tremendous difference in Emily's overall development.

No comments:

Post a Comment